What is the Blue Cross Horse & Pony Care Competition?
The competition features teams of three Members who demonstrate their knowledge and practical horsemanship skills taken from the Pony Club Efficiency Tests over a number of rounds.
Teams compete at their Area Competition with the aim to qualify for the Championships.
There are three levels:
- Mini - Teams to consist of three members aged 10 years and under on the 1st January of the competition year, with one member to be 8 years or under. Questions to be based on the Care section of the E, D and easier parts of the D+ Efficiency Tests.
- Junior - Teams to consist of three members aged 13 years and under on the 1st January of the competition year, with one member to be 11 years or under. Questions to be based on the Care section of the D, D+, C and easier parts of the C+ Efficienct Tests.
- Senior - Teams to consist of three members aged 25 years and under on the 1st January of the competition year, with one member to be 16 years or under. Questions to be based on the Care section of the C+, B and AH Efficiency Tests.
Teams make their way around different ‘stations’, each of which will comprise of a different theory or practical based topic. Ten minutes are spent at each ‘station’, during which time Members are asked a series of questions to be marked by the Assessor.
Dress should be appropriate to a working yard environment. Pony Club sweatshirts, shirt and tie, jodphurs, boots, gloves and hats are expected.
Points will be allocated per section, as well as for the manner in which Teams approach the competition. One round will be chosen, at random, as the ‘tie-breaker’. In the event of a tie, the Team with the highest score in that particular round will be declared the winners.
Area Competitions 2022
|1||11th April||Hayfield Equestrian Centre||Deeside||Email Organiser|
|2||11th June||Eastmoor House Equestrian||Tynedale Hunt||Horse-Events|
|3||12th March||Lower Rookes Farm||Rockwood Harriers||Email Organiser|
|4||28th July||Larkrigg Equestrian Centre|
|5||24th April||Pennany Park Livery||Aberconwy||Email Organiser|
|6||14th April||Derby College||South Trent||Email Organiser|
|7||7/8th May||Alscot Stables||Warwickshire Hunt||Email Organiser|
|8||11th April||Hill Farm||Essex Hunt North||Email Organiser|
|9||23rd April||Cotswold Hunt Kennels||Cotswold Hunt||Email Organiser|
|10||3rd July||Underhill Riding Stables||Underhill Riding Stables||Email Organiser|
|11||25th June||The Stables at Cissbury||The Stables at Cissbury||Email Organiser|
|12||7th May||Oaklands College||Flamstead||Email Organiser|
|13||13th April||Silvermere Equestrian Centre||Silvermere Equestrian Centre||Email Organiser|
|16||14th May||Ipplepen||South Devon Hunt West||Email Organiser|
|17||9th April||Castle Irvine||Fermanagh Harriers||Email Organiser|
|19||5th June||Whitecroft Mains||Dumfriesshire Hunt||More Information|
This year we are excited to bring back the Blue Cross Horse & Pony Care Final to the JCB Pony Club Championships held at Offchurch Bury, Warwickshire!
- Thursday 18th August - Mini
- Friday 19th August - Junior
- Saturday 20th August - Senior
Entries open 4th July at www.horse-events.co.uk
Full results can be found at Pony Club Results! Congratulations to the winning teams and individuals!
1st Team - North Warwickshire
Best Individual - Pip Reeve, Warwickshire Hunt
1st Team - Warwickshire Hunt
Best Individual - David Richardson, Anglesey
1st Team - Warwickshire Hunt
Best Individual - Anna Meadows, Atherstone Hunt
Need More Information?
Just contact our staff below: