What is the Blue Cross Care Competition?
The competition features teams of three Members who demonstrate their knowledge and practical horsemanship skills taken from the Pony Club Efficiency Tests over a number of rounds.
Teams compete at their Area Competition with the aim to qualify for the Championships.
There are three levels:
- Mini - Teams to consist of three members aged 10 years and under on the 1st January of the competition year, with one member to be 8 years or under. Questions to be based on the Care section of the E, D and easier parts of the D+ Efficiency Tests.
- Junior - Teams to consist of three members aged 13 years and under on the 1st January of the competition year, with one member to be 11 years or under. Questions to be based on the Care section of the D, D+, C and easier parts of the C+ Efficienct Tests.
- Senior - Teams to consist of three members aged 25 years and under on the 1st January of the competition year, with one member to be 16 years or under. Questions to be based on the Care section of the C+, B and AH Efficiency Tests.
Teams make their way around different ‘stations’, each of which will comprise of a different theory or practical based topic. Ten minutes are spent at each ‘station’, during which time Members are asked a series of questions to be marked by the Assessor.
Dress should be appropriate to a working yard environment. Pony Club sweatshirts, shirt and tie, jodphurs, boots, gloves and hats are expected.
Points will be allocated per section, as well as for the manner in which Teams approach the competition. One round will be chosen, at random, as the ‘tie-breaker’. In the event of a tie, the Team with the highest score in that particular round will be declared the winners.
Due to the current situation, all Pony Club activity has been cancelled until the end of June 2020. We are constantly reviewing guidance and sending regular updates - please see https://pcuk.org/coronavirus/ for the latest advice.
The dates below are therefore subject to confirmation.
Area Competitions 2020
|1||13 April||Hayfield Equestrian Centre, AB15 8BB||Deesideemail@example.com|
|2||27 May||Field House Equestrian Centre, DL15 8EE||
Field House PC Centre
Mini 7 March
Junior/Senior 8 March
|Birkwood Farm, WF4 4PQ||
|7||16/17 April||Alscot Stables, CV37 8BL||
|8||17 April||Hill Farm Riding School, IP30 9HL||
Hill Farm PC Centre
|9||18 April||Cotswold Hunt Kennels||
|11||10 May||The Stables at Cissbury||
The Stables at Cissbury PC Centre
|12||19 April||Bury Farm Equestrian Club||
|13||15 April||Lower Peake, SO32 3LA||
Hambledon Hunt North
|14||16 April||Tidworth Garrison Saddle Club, SP9 7AW||
Royal Artillery Hunt
|16||8 April||Longwood, TQ12 6DE||
South Devon Hunt (West)
|18||29 March||Bowlings Riding Centre||
Bowlings PC Centre
|19||26 April||West Kype Farm, ML10 6PR||
Lanark & Upperward
Due to the unfortunate abadonment of the 2019 Pony Club Championships, the Blue Cross Care Competition was rescheduled.
On Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th October 2019, Amelia Morris-Payne and her army of assessors and volunteers organised a Final for the Blue Cross Horse & Pony Care Competition at Highcross Equestrian Centre in Leicestershire. Teams travelled from all over the Country to take part - congratulations to all who took part!
The top three teams in each section were as follows:
- 1st - Atherstone Hunt
- 2nd - Silvermere Equestrian Centre
- 3rd - Siw W W Wynn's Hunt
- 1st - Warwickshire Hunt
- 2nd - East Essex Hunt
- 3rd - Sir W W Wynn's Hunt
- 1st - Ryburn Valley
- 2nd - East Essex Hunt
- 3rd - Oxenholme
A full set of results is available below.
Need More Information?
Just contact our staff below: