New for 2022
If you are a Pony Club Member under the age of 21, you may be eligible for a bursary to go towards the cost of completing the Level 1 Coaching Certificate. The bursary has been generously supported by The Worshipful Company of Saddlers and will reduce the course fee by £150. To apply for the Bursary please complete the application form HERE you will be notified if you have been successful.
What is Level 1?
This course used to be known as UKCC. The Level 1 coach qualification trains the learner to assist more qualified coaches, delivering aspects of coaching sessions under direct supervision, this is suitable for candidates who have no coaching experience. The technical knowledge required is around C Test. You will learn about safe working environments and the health and safety regulations of riding and coaching. You will also learn how to prepare for a coaching session and the skills needed to coach.
The assessment specification requires learner to:
- Complete a series of assessed tasks contained within their learner portfolio, provided by 1st
- Plan, deliver and evaluate a pre-planned coaching session.
- Demonstrate their ability to deliver a 30 minute flatwork session.
This course consists of:
- Three one day workshops approximately one month apart followed by a final assessment.
- The workshops are a mixture of theory based classroom sessions where the information needed for the portfolio will be covered, and practical coaching sessions where the coaching skills needed will be covered. Please make sure you read the requirements and ensure you are confident in the technical skills before applying.
- You will also need to be prepared to work on your own between workshops. This includes completing the portfolio tasks and could include watching other coaches and making sure you get as much coaching practise as possible.
Course Prices and Dates
2022 Course Fees
- Level 1: £550 + £150 Assessment Fee
- Level 2: £750 + £300 Assessment Fee
Payment is required at time of booking via Paypal, your place is not confirmed until payment has been received. Courses are subject to minimum numbers booking.
Courses will close when maximum numbers have been reached and a wait list will be held. If you would like to be added to the waitlist please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and location.
Dates for upcoming courses are as follows:
Level 1 - Wildwoods Riding Centre - Book Here
Venue Address: Wildwoods Riding Centre, Ebbisham Lane, Walton-on-the-Hill, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5BH
Day 1: Monday 29th August
Day 2: Monday 26th September
Day 3: Monday 10th October
The assessment will take place on Monday 31st October and requires booking and paying for separately a minimum of 4 weeks before the assessment date
If you are interested in the PCCC Level 1 course but the ones listed aren't accessible to you, please fill in the form here to register your interest.
How do I book onto a course?
Bookings for 2022 will be taken via the online booking form and payment required in full via paypal (no account needed) at time of booking