Each and every Pony Club Coach is required to attend at least one Coaching Course (CPD) every two years. This may be at Branch, Area, Regional or National Level. The course must be listed on our approved CPD calendar.
The virtual Pony Club Coaching Conference 2021
Now available to 'Pay to View'
Coaching in the 21st Century - 'Safeguarding the Future of Equestrianism'
The Pay to View option will count as CPD for 2021
**Online CPD for PC Coaches and Assessors 2021**
Online CPD courses should encourage self-reflection, active participation, and feedback from the course leader. Further Examples of online CPD opportunities for PCUK Coaches and Assessors are:
- Becoming a Better Coach - Area 17 - Lead Coach Penny Sangster email@example.com
- Course Building for Pony Club - Area 11 - Abby Bernard firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pony Club Rallies, The Basics - Area 11 - Abby Bernard email@example.com
- B Test Assessor, Soft Skills - Lead Coach Will Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
The BHS offer some excellent online training and CPD opportunities, more information can be found at https://www.bhs.org.uk/ If you would like clarification on any of these courses being suitable for CPD please contact the Pony Club Office to check.
1st4sport qualifications have online courses suitable for CPD https://www.1st4sportqualifications.com/
For those wishing to undertake more comprehensive CPD training, Equine Studies provide short courses:
UK Coaching Online Courses: https://www.ukcoaching.org/duty-to-care
The Activity Alliance with UKCoaching have released this great online learning module https://www.ukcoaching.org/iapelearning it is aimed at all sports coaches not just equestrians.
Understanding Horses run online courses that have been approved as suitable Pony Club Coach CPD
Understand Horse Behaviour – Justine Harrison CHBC
For information and to book: https://courses.understandhorses.com/courses/understand-horse-behaviour
Understand Equine Body Language – Justine Harrison CHBC
For information and to book: https://courses.understandhorses.com/courses/understand-equine-body-language
An Introduction to Training Horses with Food – Trudi Dempsey CHBC
For information and to book: https://courses.understandhorses.com/courses/an-introduction-to-training-horses-with-food
Guidelines for Branches/Centres Running a CPD Course
The following is to be followed for the provision of CPD (continuing professional development) events:
- CPD events can be run by an Area, Branch, Centre or centrally from the Pony Club office (e.g. coach conference)
- The Area Representative is responsible for the selection of an appropriately trained and experienced coach to present the CPD course
- All CPD must be listed on the main Pony Club website a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the event in order to count for accreditation purposes.
- The bookings should all be made via the organiser.
- Attendees should receive a certificate of attendance (template available from The Pony Club Office). Attendees must then send a copy of this to their Branch or Centre so that their record maybe updated.
- Some Coach specific CPD organised by other BEF Member Body central offices, may count but it still must be listed a minimum of 3 weeks before. If the event you would like to attend is not listed please contact the office. Please do not assume a course will be able to count.
Upcoming CPD Courses
|AREA||DATE||COURSE TITLE||ORGANISATION||TUTOR||LOCATION||BOOKING DETAILS|
|Open to All||On Demand||The Pony Club National Coaching Conference||The Pony Club||Online||Now Available On Demand|
|Area 1||15th May 2021||C+ Assessor Training||PC Area 1||Liz Bell & Adrian MacLeod||Burgie Event Centre||More Information|
|Area 9||18th May 2021||Be a Better Show Jump Coach||PC Area 9||Carole Broad||Online||More Information|
|Area 1 / 19||22nd May 2021||B Test Assessor CPD Workshop||PC Area 1 / 19||Gleneagles Equestrian Centre||More information|
|Open to All||24th May 2021||Course Building for Coaches (BHS Approved)||PC Area 11||Online|
|Open to All||26th May 2021||The Power of the Words We Use As a Coach (BHS Approved)||PC Area 11||Online|
|Area 5||28th May 2021||Intro to Coaching Step 1||PC Area 5||Online|
|Area 14||31st May 2021||AH Practical Training Day||PC Area 14||Clare Turner & Sue Stevenson||Skylands|
|Area 16||1st June 2021||Introduction to Coaching Step 1||PC Area 16||St Leonards Equestrian Centre||
|Area 11||2nd June 2021||Coaching to Improve Dressage Test Riding||PC Area 11||Alison Craig & Leanne Wall||Pachesham Equestrian Centre|
|Open to All||7th June 2021||Course Building for Coaches (BHS Approved)||PC Area 11||Online|
|Open to All||8th June 2021||How to Become a Better Coach (BHS Approved)||PC Area 11||Online|
|Open to All||21st June 2021||Course Building for Coaches (BHS Approved)||PC Area 11||Online|
|Open to All||23rd June 2021||The Power of the Words We Use As a Coach (BHS Approved)||PC Area 11||Online|
|Open to All||7th July 2021||How to Become a Better Coach (BHS Approved)||PC Area 11||Online|
The cancellation policy is applicable to all training events / activities where applications are accepted by the Training Department at The Pony Club Office, including coach, assessor and rider training, with the exception of UKCC courses to which a separate policy applies.