Each and every Pony Club Coach is required to attend at least one Coaching Course (CPD) every two years. This may be at Branch, Area, Regional or National Level. The course must be listed on our approved CPD calendar.
The virtual Pony Club Coaching Conference 2021
Now available to 'Pay to View'
Coaching in the 21st Century - 'Safeguarding the Future of Equestrianism'
The Pay to View option will count as CPD for 2021
**Online CPD for PC Coaches and Assessors 2021**
Online CPD courses should encourage self-reflection, active participation, and feedback from the course leader. Further Examples of online CPD opportunities for PCUK Coaches and Assessors are:
- Becoming a Better Coach - Area 17 - Lead Coach Penny Sangster email@example.com
- Course Building for Pony Club - Area 11 - Abby Bernard firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pony Club Rallies, The Basics - Area 11 - Abby Bernard email@example.com
- B Test Assessor, Soft Skills - Lead Coach Will Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
The BHS offer some excellent online training and CPD opportunities, more information can be found at https://www.bhs.org.uk/ If you would like clarification on any of these courses being suitable for CPD please contact the Pony Club Office to check.
1st4sport qualifications have online courses suitable for CPD https://www.1st4sportqualifications.com/
For those wishing to undertake more comprehensive CPD training, Equine Studies provide short courses:
UK Coaching Online Courses: https://www.ukcoaching.org/duty-to-care
The Activity Alliance with UKCoaching have released this great online learning module https://www.ukcoaching.org/iapelearning it is aimed at all sports coaches not just equestrians.
Understanding Horses run online courses that have been approved as suitable Pony Club Coach CPD
Understand Horse Behaviour – Justine Harrison CHBC
For information and to book: https://courses.understandhorses.com/courses/understand-horse-behaviour
Understand Equine Body Language – Justine Harrison CHBC
For information and to book: https://courses.understandhorses.com/courses/understand-equine-body-language
An Introduction to Training Horses with Food – Trudi Dempsey CHBC
For information and to book: https://courses.understandhorses.com/courses/an-introduction-to-training-horses-with-food
Guidelines for Branches/Centres Running a CPD Course
The following is to be followed for the provision of CPD (continuing professional development) events:
- CPD events can be run by an Area, Branch, Centre or centrally from the Pony Club office (e.g. coach conference)
- The Area Representative is responsible for the selection of an appropriately trained and experienced coach to present the CPD course
- All CPD must be listed on the main Pony Club website a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the event in order to count for accreditation purposes.
- The bookings should all be made via the organiser.
- Attendees should receive a certificate of attendance (template available from The Pony Club Office). Attendees must then send a copy of this to their Branch or Centre so that their record maybe updated.
- Some Coach specific CPD organised by other BEF Member Body central offices, may count but it still must be listed a minimum of 3 weeks before. If the event you would like to attend is not listed please contact the office. Please do not assume a course will be able to count.
Upcoming CPD Courses
|AREA||DATE||COURSE TITLE||ORGANISATION||TUTOR||LOCATION||BOOKING DETAILS|
|Open to All||On Demand||The Pony Club National Coaching Conference||The Pony Club||Online||Now Available On Demand|
|Area 14||22nd July 2021||Step 1 Coaching Certificate & Mentoring/Refresher||PC Area 14||Fiona Crutchley & Celia Drewitt||Hurst Lodge|
|Area 1||5th August 2021||Pony Club Coaching - Step 3 Introduction to Coaching Cross Country||PC Area 1||Sue Hendry||Market Stance, Kirkwall, Orkney|
|Open to All||12th October 2021||Connected Equestrian Coaches Conference||
The cancellation policy is applicable to all training events / activities where applications are accepted by the Training Department at The Pony Club Office, including coach, assessor and rider training, with the exception of UKCC courses to which a separate policy applies.