Each and every Pony Club Coach is required to attend at least one Coaching Course (CPD) every two years. This may be at Branch, Area, Regional or National Level. The course must be listed on our approved CPD calendar.
Guidelines for Branches/Centres Running a CPD Course
The following is to be followed for the provision of CPD (continuing professional development) events:
- CPD events can be run by an Area, Branch, Centre or centrally from the Pony Club office (e.g. coach conference)
- All events being organised should be approved by the Area Representative before being notified to the Pony Club office
- The Area Representative is responsible for the selection of an appropriately trained and experienced coach to present the CPD course
- All CPD must be listed on the main Pony Club website a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the event in order to count for accreditation purposes.
- The bookings should all be made via the organiser (so if organised by a Branch via their nominated representative).
- The sign-in sheet should be sent to the Pony Club office so that the coach record can be updated (a copy may be kept locally/sent to Area Representative)
Upcoming CPD Courses
|14||14th Nov 2019||Crofton Manor Equestrian Centre||The Art of Coaching a Group of Riders||British Show Jumping||Course Info|
|2||22nd Nov 2019||Swinhoe Farm Riding Centre||
Grassroutes, Show Jumping Course Building, BS looking at the courses up to Foxhunter and common problems.
|Mark McGowan||More Info|
|7||29th Nov 2019||Berriewood Farm||
B Test Assessor Course
|Nicola Fitter||Email Course organiser to book|
|14||3rd Dec 2019||Leamside Equestrain, Leamside, Houghton-le-Spring, Tyne and Wear DH4 6QJ||The Art of Coaching a Group of Riders||British Show Jumping||Course Info|
|11||10th Dec 2019||Upper Room, Felbridge Show Centre||Pony Club Rallies - Understanding the Basics||Abby Bernard & Jean Preston||Booking form|
|7||10th Dec 2019||Berriewood Farm||Fun with Poles and Grids||United Pack Pony Club||Booking form|
|5||14th Dec 2019||Forest Gate Farm, Cheshire||Raising The Bar - Coach observation days||Caroline Moore||Book Here|
|5||15th Dec 2019||Snowdonia Riding Centre||Introduction to Coaching - Steps 1||Rosemary Clarke|
|4||15th Dec 2019||Richmond Equestrian Centre||Raising The Bar - Coach observation days||Caroline Moore||Book Here|
|13||18th Dec 2019||Wellington Riding, Hampshire||Raising The Bar - Coach observation days||Caroline Moore||Book Here|
|8||20th Dec 2019||Topthorn Equestrian, Suffolk||Raising The Bar - Coach observation days||Caroline Moore||Book Here|
|14||21st Dec 2019||West Wilts Equestrian Centre, Wiltshire||Raising The Bar - Coach observation days||Caroline Moore||Book Here|
|7||3rd Jan 2020||Warwickshire College||Introduction to Coaching - Step 1||North Warwickshire Pony Club||Booking Form|
|9||14th January 2020||The Unicorn Trust - Stow||British Eventing National Home Coaches Day||British Eventing||More information|
|7||4th Feb 2020||Home Farm Hothorpe||Horses Inside Out for Show Jumping Coaches||Gillian Higgins & Caroline Moore||More information|
|9||18th Feb 2020||Unicorn Trust||Raising The Bar - Coach observation days||Caroline Moore||Book Here|
|6||21st Feb 2020||Vale View||Raising The Bar - Coach observation days||Caroline Moore||Book Here|
|9||8th April 2020||Alden Farm, Didcot||Introduction to Coaching Steps 2||Kate Scott||Booking form|
The cancellation policy is applicable to all training events / activities where applications are accepted by the Training Department at The Pony Club Office, including coach, assessor and rider training, with the exception of UKCC courses to which a separate policy applies.
Need More Information?
Just contact our staff below: