Each and every Pony Club Coach is required to attend at least one Coaching Course (CPD) every two years. This may be at Branch, Area, Regional or National Level. The course must be listed on our approved CPD calendar.
Guidelines for Branches/Centres Running a CPD Course
The following is to be followed for the provision of CPD (continuing professional development) events:
- CPD events can be run by an Area, Branch, Centre or centrally from the Pony Club office (e.g. coach conference)
- All events being organised should be approved by the Area Representative before being notified to the Pony Club office
- The Area Representative is responsible for the selection of an appropriately trained and experienced coach to present the CPD course
- All CPD must be listed on the main Pony Club website a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the event in order to count for accreditation purposes.
- The bookings should all be made via the organiser (so if organised by a Branch via their nominated representative).
- The sign-in sheet should be sent to the Pony Club office so that the coach record can be updated (a copy may be kept locally/sent to Area Representative)
Upcoming CPD Courses
|9||14th January 2020||The Unicorn Trust - Stow||British Eventing National Home Coaches Day||British Eventing||Book Here|
|7||4th Feb 2020||Home Farm Hothorpe||Horses Inside Out for Show Jumping Coaches||Gillian Higgins & Caroline Moore||More information|
|1||17th February 2020||World Horse Welfare, Aboyne||Teaching Children||BHS Grampian Region||More Info|
|9||18th Feb 2020||Unicorn Trust||Raising The Bar - Coach observation days||Caroline Moore||Book Here|
20th Feb 2020
Pony Club National Coaching Conference
Paul Tapner & Adam Kemp
|6||20th February 2020||Honington Grange||Intro to Coaching -STEP 1||Linda Pearce & Tom Fray||More info|
|6||21st Feb 2020||Vale View||Raising The Bar - Coach observation days||Caroline Moore||Book Here|
|19||22nd February 2020||SNEC, Oatridge Agricultral College||BE Masterclass||Ian Stark||More Info|
|11||25th February 2020||Felbridge Show Ground||Pony Club Rallies -Understanding The Basics||Abby Bernard||More Info|
|6||28th February 2020||Caistor EC||Jumping ideas for D/D+ & C Test||Kirsty Hardstaff||More info|
|9||3rd March 2020||Gadbury, Eldersfield||Cross Country Course building and Safety Day||Andrew Hunter||More Info|
|11||9th March 2020||Coldblow Riding School||Pony Club Rallies - Understanding the Basics||Abby Bernard & Jean Preston||More Info|
|6||20th March 2020||Park View Riding School||Fun and different ideas to help develop jumping technique||Peter Hales||More Info|
|16||10th March 2020||The Brook Centre, Ivybridge||The Role of the Coach||Mandy Frost||More information coming soon|
|8||16th March 2020||BHS Coaching Convention||Addington Manor EC||BHS Website|
|2||2nd April 2020||Newton Rigg EC||Coach Education Day||Ernest Dillon||More Info|
|9||8th April 2020||Alden Farm, Didcot||Introduction to Coaching STEP 2||Kate Scott||Booking form|
|6||8th April 2020||Scofton Village Hall||Intro to Coaching -STEP 2||Linda Pearce||More Info|
|11||29th April 2020||Melrose Farm, Albourne||Show Jumping Course Building||Kathy Willard||Booking Form|
The cancellation policy is applicable to all training events / activities where applications are accepted by the Training Department at The Pony Club Office, including coach, assessor and rider training, with the exception of UKCC courses to which a separate policy applies.
Need More Information?
Just contact our staff below: