Martin Treves Training Grant
A generous donation has been made by Emma Treves to support the development and growth of youth polo through training and taster days. Emma’s father, Martin Treves, was an amateur player who played on ponies he trained himself and Emma is keen to encourage youngsters to play on their own ponies. This grant is therefore for members who intend playing Jorrocks or Handley Cross on their own ponies.
Pony Club Branches and Centres may apply for all or part of the cost of their taster, rally or training day. The following conditions should be met:
- Pony Club Branches/Centres who currently do not take part in Polo may apply for 100% of the cost of the taster/rally
- Pony Club Branches/Centres who currently do regularly take part in Polo may apply for 50% of the cost of a training rally
- HPA accredited coaches must be used (please note that the coach will also need a DBS check to be in sole charge of a Pony Club group – this can be done through either the HPA or the Pony Club). Alternatively, the coach can be accompanied by a Pony Club instructor. The Pony Club Polo committee will assist in sending a coach if none is nearby and the coach and/or committee can help with choosing a suitable venue
- The training may be open to all ages, but the grant only applies to under 14s
- The organiser must submit a report in order for the grant payment to be made – this will include an outline of the day, the name of the coach used and a list of those under 14 who took part, and quotes from the members and photographs if possible to be used in the report to the sponsors
Subject to the above conditions being met and funds being available, the payment will be made directly to the Branch/Centre.
The Polo Charity has also kindly agreed to continue their support for 2021, so there is lots of opportunity available for introducing and bringing on the Under 14s.
How to Apply
Branches/Centres can either apply online using the link below of by downloading and returning the application form below.
“Thoroughly enjoyable day, everyone loved it and are really keen to go again! We may have started something here.”