What are the Mounted Games International Exchange?
The Mounted Games International Exchange provides Pony Club members from across the world to visit other countries with their sport and take part in Competition, Cultural experiences and social activities.
Each year the Pony Club International Alliance (PCIA) meet to discuss the Exchange and select the country who will host for the year- this means it could be an in bound (visiting our country) or an Outbound (visiting other countries) exchange dependent on the agreement of the meeting.
Members who take part in the sport can be put forwards for nomination and may be selected to form the Great Britain Team for the current year.
For 2023, the Great Britain Team have been invited to Australia in November.
Selected Great Britain Team 2023
The Pony Club Mounted Games Committee are pleased to announce the International Exchange Great Britain Team for 2023.
The Committee had a very strong pool of Members come forwards during the nomination period who all showcased passion, skill and dedication to the sport and The Pony Club.
The team is:
- Charlie Gallagher (Wynnstay)
- Scarlett Haddow (West Perthshire)
- Izzy King (Poole & District)
- Alice Chanter (Oakley Hunt West)
- Harry McMillan (Iveagh)
- Phoebe Sykes – Reserve (Rockwood Harriers)
Criteria for selection to the International Mounted Games Exchange (IMGE) 2024
District Commissioners and Centre Proprietors are invited to nominate Members they wish to be considered.
Please remember that Members will be representing Great Britain in the exchange and therefore they must have finished competing in the Prince Philip Cup in the previous year as well as have a high standard of riding. The exchange will include a variety of cultural activities, tours and sightseeing and will culminate in the ridden International Mounted Games Competition.
Further criteria for applying include:
- Attained C+ test level by time of nomination.
- With the Nomination, we ask District Commissioners and Centre Proprietors for a confidential character reference. Please provide plenty of detail to give the selection panel a clear indication and insight to the Member.
- In addition please include a copy of your Branch/Centre Programmes and clearly mark those rallies and events your nominated Member has attended, please include virtual events if appropriate.
- Branches and Centres may only nominate one member for the International Exchange.
- Members must have had their 16th birthday in the year of the exchange.
Applications will open 1st December 2023, and close 31st January 2024.
Selection Process for the International Mounted Games Exchange (IMGE) 2024
Upon the deadline for Nominations the Mounted Games Exchange selection panel with gather to review those members who have been put forwards.
They will be looking to see:
- the members commitment to the club (branch or centre)
- the members achievement and test attainment
- the members experience with the sport