Introduction to the challenge
The scheme is a new addition for 2020 as an opportunity for members to ride out of the arena and explore new areas of the country side and local environment.
Members who wish to take part, are asked to record their rides and to record the distances they travel in miles or kilometres. This is to be recorded on a Pony Club Rides tracker.
NB. Members are able to use smart phones to track their rides via their preferred apps.
From the date of entry members have 12 calendar months to complete as many rides and as greater distance as possible prior to submitting their tracker sheets.
Recognition & Rules
- Ride out and record all the distances you do in the next 12 months towards your challenge, we are recognising those who achieve the following distances in the coming months
- Ride may be recorded via smart phones and Apps as required or on IOS maps
- Completers will receive a recognition certificate which may be presented at your Branch or Centre
- The distances awarded are:
- Completed trackers and photos for the treasure hunt can be entered here
- Must be members of the Pony Club.
- Rides recorded are based on the rider entered, not the combination of equine and rider
- All recorded rides must be outside of an arena, this can be on or off lead rein
- Proper safety precautions must be taken by participants and respect for the land which being ridden across shown. Adults are to accompany young riders for safety purposes.
- Payment for entry must be made via Paypal upon entry, which is when the 12 month period will begin for completion. Entries with out payment will not count.
All those wishing to take part in the Ride Out Scheme must first enter via the Pony Club events page before tracking any rides.
To submit an entry you will need:
- Membership Number
- Branch/ Centre information
- Payment card
To enter please follow this link:http://events.pcuk.org/the-great-pony-club-hacking-challenge
*NB. Please note, there is an auto response to confirm entry. This may have been filed in your SPAM/ Junk folder of email, should you not receive the details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org *