What is Dressage to Music?
This is a fun competition that anyone can try. You ride a dressage test along to music. The test has to include walk, trot and canter on both reins but you can choose what order to put them in.
You are given marks out of ten for each movement like in a normal dressage competition. Extra marks out of ten are given for how interesting your test is and how well the music goes with it.
Dressage to music can be done in pairs too. Marks out of ten are given by the judge for how well the ponies perform the test together. It helps to have two ponies that are similar sizes.
You can download the different tests further down this page.
You can find out more about Pony Club Dressage to Music Competitions below.
In order to enter Dressage to Music Competitions, you must be a current British Dressage Club Member/ Full BD Member .You also need to sign and return to BD a Music Sub Licence Agreement and a Music Licence Record Form. Once received, BD will then send you a set of PPL stickers. These stickers must be attached to your CD case so that organisers know you are correctly licenced and eligible to take part.
Please give 5 working days for your licence to be processed and the stickers to be posted.
Forms can be downloaded from the British Dressage website.
Dressage to Music Competitions
Saturday 9th April 2022 at Arena UK (Spring Festival Championships)
Entries open 1st March
All classes held in 20m x 60m arena.
Novice Individuals – Open to all Pony Club combinations who have not:
- represented their Branch/Centre in Dressage at Open or Intermediate Area level.
- have not been placed 1st in an individual Pony Club Dressage to Music Competition at The Pony Club summer or winter Championships.
- competed in any British Dressage competitions above Preliminary level.
Intermediate Individuals – Open to all Pony Club combinations who have not:
- represented their Branch/Centre in Dressage at Open Area level
- been placed 1st in an Open or Intermediate individual Pony Club Dressage to Music Competition at The Pony Club summer or winter Championships.
- competed in any British Dressage competitions above Novice level.
Open Individuals – Open to all Pony Club Members.
Pairs – Open to pairs from any Branch, Centre or combination of Branches or Centres.