What is Level 2?
This course used to be known as UKCC. The Level 2 coach is trained to prepare for, deliver and review coaching sessions. The technical equestrian knowledge required is around B Test level, and this coach will be able to plan a short series of linked lessons, e.g. for Camp or similar. Applicants must have previous coaching experience.
The assessment specification requires learners to:
- Complete a series of assessed tasks contained within their learner portfolio, provided by 1st4Sport
- Plan, deliver and evaluate a minimum of six sessions. Four of these sessions must be linked and progressive, working with the same individual or group of participants in order to monitor and review any progress made.
- Demonstrate their ability to coach sessions in two practical coaching assessments, one will be a flat session the other will be focused on jumping.
This course consists of:
- Four one day workshops approximately one month apart followed by a final assessment.
- The workshops are a mixture of theory based classroom sessions where the information needed for the portfolio will be covered, and practical coaching sessions where the coaching skills needed will be covered. Advice on the technical skills will also be given in the practical sessions, but we cannot make you technically competent in 4 sessions. Please make sure you read the requirements and ensure you are confident in the technical skills before applying.
- You will also need to be prepared to work on your own between workshops. This includes completing the portfolio tasks and could include watching other coaches and making sure you get as much coaching practise as possible.
Course Dates and Prices
2023 Course Fees
- Level 1: £550 + £150 Assessment Fee
- Level 2: £750 + £300 Assessment Fee
Payment is required at time of booking via Paypal, your place is not confirmed until payment has been received. Courses are subject to minimum numbers booking.
Courses will close 4 weeks before the first date or when maximum numbers have been reached and a wait list will be held. If you would like to be added to the waitlist please email email@example.com with your name and location.
2023 Course Dates
Myerscough College - Book Here
Venue Address: Myerscough College, St Michael's Road, Preston, PR3 0RY
Day 1: Monday 3rd April
Day 2: Tuesday 4th April
Day 3: Tuesday 30th May
Day 4: Tuesday 8th August
The assessments will take place on Thursday 26 and Friday 27th October. These require booking and paying for a minimum of 4 weeks before the assessment date
Silvermere Equestrian - Book Here
Venue Address: Silvermere Equestrian Centre, Bramley Hedge Farm, Redhill Rd, Cobham, KT11 1EQ
Day 1: Monday 6th March
Day 2: Monday 3rd April
Day 3: Monday 15th May
Day 4: Monday 12th June
The assessments will take place on Monday 17th July and Monday 24th July. These require booking and paying for a minimum of 4 weeks before the assessment date
If you are interested in the Level 2 course but the ones listed aren't accessible to you, please use the form here to register your interest
How do I book onto a course?
Bookings for 2022 will be taken via the online booking form and payment required in full via paypal (no account needed) at time of booking