What is The Winter Triathlon Competition?
The Winter Triathlon consists of the running, shooting and swimming phases of Tetrathlon. Qualifying competitions take place in each Area and the qualifying members are invited to compete at the finals in March.
There are 3 levels of competition which are: Minimus for the 8-11 year olds, Junior for the 14 and under and Open for all members 25 and under. Each level is split into a boys and a girls competition.
- Minimus competitors shoot turning targets from 7m (with both hands), swim for 2 minutes and run 1000m
- Junior competitors shoot turning targets from 7m swim for 3 minutes and run 1500m
- Open Girl competitors shoot turning targets from 10m, swim for 3 minutes and run 1500m
- Open Boy competitors shoot turning targets from 10m, swim for 4 minutes and run 3000m
How do I qualify?
Members can compete at Area competitions across the three classes: Minimus for members ages 8-11, Junior for members aged 14 or under and Open for members aged 25 or under, throughout the winter months in order to gain a qualifying place at the Winter Triathlon finals which will be held on 22nd March 2020 at Stoke Mandeville Stadium.
|1||2nd February 2020||TBC|
|2||26th January 2020||Barnard Castle School||Schedule|
|3||23rd February 2020||York||Schedule|
2nd February 2020
|5||8th March 2020||Mold||Schedule|
|6||22nd February 2020||Oundle School||Schedule||Entry Form|
|7||9th February 2020||Bromsgrove School, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 7DU||Schedule||Entry Form|
|8||1st March 2020||Bottisham Village College, CB25 9DL||Schedule|
|9||9th February 2020||Beaufort PC, Westonbirt, Tetbury, Glos GL8 8QF||Schedule||Entry Form|
|10||19th January 2020||Monmouth Sports and Social Club, Hadnock Road, Monmouth NP25 3NG||Schedule|
|11||9th February 2020||Rye Sports Centre|
|12||8th December 2019||
|13||16th February 2020||Hermitage, Berks RG18 9UL||Schedule|
|14||29th December 2019||Lymington Health and Leisure Centre, Lymington, Hants SO41 8FZ.|
|15||15th December 2019||Cotley Pony Club|
|16||1st February 2020||Eggesford Pony Club||Schedule||Entry Form|
|17||19th January 2020||Blair Mayne Leisure Centre, Newtownards||Entry Form|
|18||9th February 2020||Crymych Leisure Centre||Schedule||Entry Form|
|19||2nd February 2020||TBC|
Winter Triathlon Eligibility
- One qualifying competition to be held in each Area. Qualifying members may compete at the Winter Triathlon Final in March.
- All competitors must be Pony Club Members
- The two highest placed Members from each class will qualify for the Final.
- If the qualifying Members are not from the Area hosting the competition, then the two highest placed competitors in that Area shall also qualify. This is to ensure that all Areas have the opportunity for 2 competitors from each class qualifying for the Winter Triathlon Final.
- Areas may make up to 3 mixed teams from all classes (i.e. Girls or boys from each class) to compete at the Winter Triathlon Final. Declarations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Area Tetrathlon Co-ordinator or designated person by Midnight on Sunday 15th March 2020 (Please disregard the deadline contained in the 2020 Tetrathlon Rule Book).
- It is the responsibility of the competitors to ensure that they inform the organiser before the start of a competition if they have already qualified previously so if they win the qualifying place will be given to the next highest placed competitor.
- Directly funded Pentathlon GB athletes (currently Podium Potential and Podium Level) may compete HC at the discretion of the Tetrathlon Chairman.
- A Minimus, Junior and Open class for Boys and Girls. Minimus will shoot two handed at 7m turning targets. All other rules for each phase will be as stated in the Tetrathlon Rule Book
- Winter Triathlon Final prizes: Rosettes 1st - 10th Individuals in all classes and 1st - 10th Mixed Area Teams
Winter Triathlon Final- Entry
The 2020 final will be held at Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Guttmann Road, Aylesbury, HP21 9PP on Sunday 22nd March. Upon qualifying at your Area Triathlon competition please complete the link below to enter for the Winter Triathlon final:
Entries closed Monday 9th March 2020 at Midnight.
Purchase of Triathlon Finals Clothing
The Tetrathlon Committee are proud to continue working with Bee War for the Triathlon Finals, further details are available with regards to purchasing clothing for the finals here: click here
Winter Triathlon- Preliminary Timetable and further information
Please find below a preliminary timetable for the Winter Triathlon event on 22nd March 2020, this timetable is subject to change.
The purpose of the time table is to provide suggested timings of the event to support planning for travel and arrival times.
|Class||Shoot Phase||Run Phase||Swim Phase|
|Open||9:00 - 9:45 am||
Boys 10:30 - 11:15 am
Girls 11:15- 11:50 am
11:45 am -12:20 pm
12:20 - 1:00 pm
|Junior||9:45- 11:00 am||12:00 - 1:15 pm||2:30 -3:20 pm|
|Mini||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||9:15 - 10:30 am||1:00 - 2:17 pm|
Information on the venue and local area can be found on this website, please click here.
There will be a food and drink available all day seeing sandwiches and some hot food.