Due to current uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 restrictions in the New Year, the planned Winter Tri Champs scheduled for March 2021 has been abandoned. However, we are promoting eight Regional Triathlon Competitions to run throughout the UK, on the same date.
Key features of these competitions are: -
- All 8 Regional Competitions will run over the weekend of the 20th/21st March 2021
- Use of a 25m pool and a running track to ensure consistency and allow for a national ranking
- The competitions will be open to all and no qualification will be required
- Competition Hoodies will be available to pre-purchase for collection on the day of the event
- All organisers will comply with whatever Covid-19 restrictions are in place at the time
Schedules will be available in the New Year.
What is The Winter Triathlon Competition?
The Winter Triathlon consists of the running, shooting and swimming phases of Tetrathlon. Qualifying competitions take place in each Area and the qualifying members are invited to compete at the finals in March.
There are 3 levels of competition which are: Minimus for the 8-11 year olds, Junior for the 14 and under and Open for all members 25 and under. Each level is split into a boys and a girls competition.
- Minimus competitors shoot turning targets from 7m (with both hands), swim for 2 minutes and run 1000m
- Junior competitors shoot turning targets from 7m swim for 3 minutes and run 1500m
- Open Girl competitors shoot turning targets from 10m, swim for 3 minutes and run 1500m
- Open Boy competitors shoot turning targets from 10m, swim for 4 minutes and run 3000m
How do I qualify?
Members can compete at Area competitions across the three classes: Minimus for members ages 8-11, Junior for members aged 14 or under and Open for members aged 25 or under, throughout the winter months in order to gain a qualifying place at the Winter Triathlon finals.
|2||Barnard Castle School|
|3||21 Feb||St Peters School, York|
|7||Bromsgrove School, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 7DU|
|8||Bottisham Village College, CB25 9DL|
|9||Beaufort PC, Westonbirt, Tetbury, Glos GL8 8QF|
|10||Monmouth Sports and Social Club, Hadnock Road, Monmouth NP25 3NG|
|11||Rye Sports Centre|
|13||Hermitage, Berks RG18 9UL|
|14||Lymington Health and Leisure Centre, Lymington, Hants SO41 8FZ.|
|15||Cotley Pony Club|
|16||Eggesford Pony Club|
|17||Blair Mayne Leisure Centre, Newtownards|
|18||Crymych Leisure Centre|
Winter Triathlon Eligibility
- One qualifying competition to be held in each Area. Qualifying members may compete at the Winter Triathlon Final in March.
- All competitors must be Pony Club Members
- The two highest placed Members from each class will qualify for the Final.
- If the qualifying Members are not from the Area hosting the competition, then the two highest placed competitors in that Area shall also qualify. This is to ensure that all Areas have the opportunity for 2 competitors from each class qualifying for the Winter Triathlon Final.
- Areas may make up to 3 mixed teams from all classes (i.e. Girls or boys from each class) to compete at the Winter Triathlon Final. Declarations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com by the Area Tetrathlon Co-ordinator or designated person by Midnight on Sunday 12th March 2021 (Please disregard the deadline contained in the 2020 Tetrathlon Rule Book).
- It is the responsibility of the competitors to ensure that they inform the organiser before the start of a competition if they have already qualified previously so if they win the qualifying place will be given to the next highest placed competitor.
- Directly funded Pentathlon GB athletes (currently Podium Potential and Podium Level) may compete HC at the discretion of the Tetrathlon Chairman.
- A Minimus, Junior and Open class for Boys and Girls. Minimus will shoot two handed at 7m turning targets. All other rules for each phase will be as stated in the Tetrathlon Rule Book
- Winter Triathlon Final prizes: Rosettes 1st - 10th Individuals in all classes and 1st - 10th Mixed Area Teams