The Winter Triathlon final will take place on the 27th March 2022 at Grantham. The run will take place on a track. (Venue TBC)
What is The Winter Triathlon Competition?
The Winter Triathlon consists of the running, shooting and swimming phases of Tetrathlon. Qualifying competitions take place in each Area and the qualifying members are invited to compete at the finals in March.
There are 3 levels of competition which are: Minimus for the 8-11 year olds, Junior for the 14 and under and Open for all members 25 and under. Each level is split into a boys and a girls competition.
- Minimus competitors shoot turning targets from 7m (with both hands), swim for 2 minutes and run 1000m
- Junior competitors shoot turning targets from 7m swim for 3 minutes and run 1500m
- Open Girl competitors shoot turning targets from 10m, swim for 3 minutes and run 1500m
- Open Boy competitors shoot turning targets from 10m, swim for 4 minutes and run 3000m
Winter Triathlon Eligibility
- One qualifying competition to be held in each Area. Qualifying members may compete at the Winter Triathlon Final in March.
- All competitors must be Pony Club Members
- The two highest placed Members from each class will qualify for the Final.
- If the qualifying Members are not from the Area hosting the competition, then the two highest placed competitors in that Area shall also qualify. This is to ensure that all Areas have the opportunity for 2 competitors from each class qualifying for the Winter Triathlon Final.
- Areas may make up to 3 mixed teams from all classes (i.e. Girls or boys from each class) to compete at the Winter Triathlon Final. Declarations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com by the Area Tetrathlon Co-ordinator or designated person by Midnight on Sunday 12th March 2021 (Please disregard the deadline contained in the 2020 Tetrathlon Rule Book).
- It is the responsibility of the competitors to ensure that they inform the organiser before the start of a competition if they have already qualified previously so if they win the qualifying place will be given to the next highest placed competitor.
- Directly funded Pentathlon GB athletes (currently Podium Potential and Podium Level) may compete HC at the discretion of the Tetrathlon Chairman.
- A Minimus, Junior and Open class for Boys and Girls. Minimus will shoot two handed at 7m turning targets. All other rules for each phase will be as stated in the Tetrathlon Rule Book
- Winter Triathlon Final prizes: Rosettes 1st - 10th Individuals in all classes and 1st - 10th Mixed Area Teams