What is The Winter Triathlon Competition?
The Winter Triathlon consists of the running, shooting and swimming phases of Tetrathlon. Qualifying competitions take place in each Area and the qualifying members are invited to compete at the finals in March.
There are 3 levels of competition which are: Minimus for the 8-11 year olds, Junior for the 14 and under and Open for all members 25 and under. Each level is split into a boys and a girls competition.
- Minimus competitors shoot turning targets from 7m (with both hands), swim for 2 minutes and run 1000m
- Junior competitors shoot turning targets from 7m swim for 3 minutes and run 1500m
- Open Girl competitors shoot turning targets from 10m, swim for 3 minutes and run 1500m
- Open Boy competitors shoot turning targets from 10m, swim for 4 minutes and run 3000m
How do I qualify?
Members can compete at Area competitions across the three classes: Minimus for members ages 8-11, Junior for members aged 14 or under and Open for members aged 25 or under, throughout the winter months in order to gain a qualifying place at the Winter Triathlon finals which will be held on 22nd March 2020 at Stoke Mandeville Stadium.
|6||22nd February||Oundle School|
|7||9th February||Bromsgrove School, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 7DU|
|9||9th February||Beaufort PC, Westonbirt, Tetbury, Glos GL8 8QF||Schedule||Entry Form|
|10||19th January||Monmouth Sports and Social Club, Hadnock Road, Monmouth NP25 3NG|
|11||Saturday 7th/Sunday 8th March||Felbridge Showground RH19 2NU & Copthorne Prep school RH10 3HR||Find information here|
|12||8th December 2019||
|13||16th February||Hermitage, Berks RG18 9UL|
|14||29th December||Lymington Health and Leisure Centre, Lymington, Hants SO41 8FZ.|
|15||15th December 2019||Cotley Pony Club|
|16||1st February||Eggesford Pony Club|
|18||9th February||Crymych Leisure Centre|
Winter Triathlon Eligibility
- One qualifying competition to be held in each Area. Qualifying members may compete at the Winter Tri Final in March.
- All competitors must be Pony Club Members
- The two highest placed Members from each class will qualify for the Final.
- If the qualifying Members are not from the Area hosting the competition, then the two highest placed competitors in that Area shall also qualify. This is to ensure that all Areas have the opportunity for 2 competitors from each class qualifying for the Winter Triathlon Final.
- Areas may make up to 3 mixed teams from all classes (i.e.: Girls or boys from each class) to compete at the Winter Triathlon Final. Declarations must be submitted in writing to the Secretary by the Area Tetrathlon Co-ordinator or designated person by midday on Friday 20th March 2020.
- It is the responsibility of the competitors to ensure that they inform the organiser before the start of a competition if they have already qualified previously so if they win the qualifying place will be given to the next highest placed competitor.
- Directly funded Pentathlon GB athletes (currently Podium Potential and Podium Level) may compete HC at the discretion of the Tetrathlon Chairman.
- A Minimus, Junior and Open class for Boys and Girls. Minimus will shoot two handed at 7m turning targets. All other rules for each phase will be as stated in the Tetrathlon Rule Book
- Winter Triathlon Final prizes: Rosettes 1st - 10th Individuals in all classes and 1st - 10th Mixed Area Teams