What is the Four Nations?
The Four Nations is an invitational tournament which sees teams from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland competing across Mini, Junior and Senior sections to determine the overall champion. The action is fast-paced and features some of the best young polocrosse players from all across the UK!
The event will be hosted by Celyn Polocrosse Club at Cheshire Polo Club in Tarporley, tournament to take place on 24th & 25thJuly 2021.
Header Image: Kirsty Carr Photography
How do I qualify?
Members wishing to take part in the competition should:
- be a good player/team member and an excellent representative of their Branch/Centre
- Nominees have previously shown their teamwork qualities and skills such as being happy socialising with others, working toward a common interest and good communication.
- Nominees of a positive outlook and flexible nature- a can do attitude and grasps opportunities.
- display high standards of riding and horse care
Any member who wants to apply should send the nomination form, a CV and a reference from their DC/Centre Proprietor. Please note that nominations are currently open and will close on 30th April 2021 at 9am.
Qualifying criteria for each section are as follows:
- Senior - any age member, any size of horse (min 138cm)
- Junior - member 15 years and under on 1st Jan, any size of horse (min 138cm)
- Mini - member 12 years and under on 1st Jan, pony to be 138cm and under
Coaches, Team Managers and Event Organiser
As part of the event Pony Club Polocrosse are looking to appoint to voluntary roles supporting at the Four Nations Camp and Tournament.
These roles range from supporting, guiding and developing the members to organisation of the event itself.
Roles available are:
- Team Coach (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales)
- Team Manager (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales)
- Event Organiser
Those wishing to apply need to do so in writing via a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Iain Heaton.
** please note: Compliance with the Pony Club coaching criteria to Accredited Coach level is required for coaching roles. Full information is available here
Please note that nominations are currently open and will close on 12th March 2021 at 9am.
PolyPads Four Nations 2019
England won the PolyPads Four Nations overall title, lifting the Triple Diamond trophy for a third time, after a weekend of hard-fought matches against Wales, Scotland and Ireland, at Celyn Polocrosse Club in Backford, Cheshire.
England were really made to work for their overall victory as Wales pushed them very close in the final and other nations took wins off them in the different age group competitions. Ireland won the AKT Minis trophy, as they ended the weekend undefeated, and Wales took the Scott Seniors Trophy on goal difference after they, England and Scotland each ended up with two wins in the Seniors competition. England did win the NVable Junior Trophy but it had to be decided on goal difference after they drew their final match with Wales 7 all.
However, overall England were undefeated, with their junior section grabbing them the overall victories against Scotland and Ireland and then their Seniors and Minis just defeating Wales in the last match of the weekend.
The Polocrosse Four Nations is generously sponsored by PolyPads.