What is Level 3?
This qualification used to be known as UKCC. The Level 3 coach is to plan, implement, analyse and revise annual coaching programmes This coach has a technical knowledge at around A Test level. This coach could also “mentor” Level 2 coaches who needed support.
The coaching skills expected at Level 3 are more refined and are based on learning, psychological and skill acquisition theories. Coaches applying for Level 3 should have considerable coaching experience and a good background in the industry as a competitor and/or coach, trainer or instructor.
The assessment specification requires learners to:
- Complete a series of assessed tasks contained within their learner portfolio, provided by 1st4Sport
- Plan, deliver and evaluate an aspect of a seasonal coaching programme covering a minimum of an 8-week period where a minimum of 8 sessions are planned, delivered and executed.
- Demonstrate their ability to coach sessions in two practical coaching assessments, these assessments will include dressage, show jumping and cross country lessons.
This course consists of:
- Eight workshops spread out across the year with a practical assessment.
- The workshops are a mixture of theory based classroom sessions where the information needed for the portfolio will be covered, and practical coaching sessions where the coaching skills needed will be covered. Advice on the technical skills will also be given in the practical sessions.
- You will also need to be prepared to work on your own between workshops. This includes completing the portfolio tasks and could include watching other coaches and making sure you get as much coaching practise as possible.
- No Date yet set.
- Discipline specific courses are available through British Dressage, British Showjumping and British Eventing.
If you are interested in the Level 3 qualification please register your interest here
How to book onto a course?
Bookings for 2022 will be taken via the online booking form and payment required in full via paypal (no account needed) at time of booking
All courses are subject to a minimum number of candidates booking on and will be reviewed at 4 weeks prior to the start date. Course bookings will close when the Maximum number for each course has been reached and a wait list held.
The assessment will then need to be booked separately as you come to the end of your training, again via the online booking system.
Prices are subject to change
Please note that places are not confirmed until payment is received.