On this section we are hoping you will find all information / direction for all your finance related queries.
Please also see the finance subpages on the top menu bar - each of these pages are intended as a resource for our Treasurers to assist them in performing their role within their Branches. They include the latest forms and guidance documents to complete each task.
This page also provides the ability to connect with people who can help with Finance related queries.
If you are unable to find the appropriate information in this section please do not hesitate to contact us.
Hello from the Finance Team
We are here to help with any Finance related queries you may have.
|The Pony Club Year End||31st December|
|Due Date for Annual Returns||15th March (after the year end)|
Latest News / Updates
- Branch Returns Templates were issued to all branches on Monday 16th December on the pcuk.org email address. If you have not received your email please contact email@example.com as a matter of priority. There have been some changes to the template, and we have provided comprehensive guidance notes. Returns are due in by Sunday 15th March 2020.
- A big congratulations to everyone who has submitted their September capitation, c97% branches have completed and sent in their submissions and payment. To those who have not we have sent invoices.
- Due to essential CRM testing, it is anticipated that we will be required to do a capitation submission in March 2020. The capitation process in March 2020 will continue as it has done in previous years. Templates will be distributed by 28th February and branches are required to return these by Sunday 15th March 2020, complete with payment. Late submission fees apply – please see 2020 Handbook for details. Branches will get 20% of all gift aid successfully claimed from HMRC, returned to their branch account so don’t forgot to send in your gift aid slips for processing.
- In January, we will be sending out an online survey regarding :
- Bank accounts - we would like to identify which branches use on line banking and what the authorisation process is for payments made using this method.
- On line accounting software. We are gathering details of any on line accounting software branches use. This initially is just a fact finding exercise.
- Following a visit from HMRC we are now required to record the VAT branches pay on any purchases made. You will note that there is a new requirement to record VAT paid on the 2019 Return, and going forward, branches are required to record all VAT paid out on purchases made. Please contact finance for more guidance on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New membership forms for 2020 will be available on the web site from 1st January 2020.
- New template has been created for Branch Annual Return for 2019, calling for Treasurers to provide feedback. Note: guidance notes are in the process of being written.
- Branch VAT: thank you to everyone who have submitted information for the Branch VAT analysis. We are now liaising with HMRC.
- Gift Aid share for September 2019 capitation removed.
- We have received 98% of Capitation submissions and payment for March 2019.
- We have received almost all Branch annual accounts for 2018 and are in the process of consolidating for Audit purposes. We have, in preparation for 2019 Annual Accounts sent out an email to all Area Reps seeking feedback to improve the Annual Accounts template. We are currently seeking volunteers to be a part of the working group to be a part of the change for 2019 Annual Return submission.
- We have received almost all Branch Capitations for March 2019. We are seeking feedback to improve the Capitation process for September 2019.
- Auditor review commences 24th June.
- Charity organisations go live with Make Tax Digital in October 2019.