What is the Virtual Music Ride?
The Musical Ride is a spectacle not to be missed - providing lots of fun & excitement for everyone involved!
Teams of between 6 and 12 riders perform their own choreographed routine to music, wearing themed costumes or Branch/Centre sweatshirts.
Some of the previous themes we have seen include: Bake Off, Superheroes, Pirates of the Caribbean, Bugsy Malone, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Beauty and the Beast, Lancaster Bombers, Matadors, Grease, Jungle Book, James Bond, Thriller and 101 Dalmatians to name just a few!
The 2022 competition will be at The Pony Club Championships in August, with a VIRTUAL option in September.
- Open to all Pony Club Members.
- The team should contain between 6 and 12 riders.
- The team can be from a Branch or Centre or a combination of both (mixed teams are permitted)
- Lead rein riders are permitted – leaders must wear a correctly tagged hat.
Saddlery & Dress
- Hats must be tagged, and correct footwear must be worn.
- Any normal tack items and riding bits are
- Costumes / fancy dress are optional.
- Small, unobtrusive handheld props are permitted.
- 20m x 60m or 20m x 40m to suit venue and ride
- There should be no physical props inside the arena.
- All riders must enter the arena at A.
- Outside assistance eg voice, bell, whistle is not permitted.
- Duration – the duration of the display within the arena should be no longer than 5 minutes (an additional 1 ½ minutes is allowed for entry and exit, music is permitted for this)
- 1st July – 19th September – team practices and filming
- 1st September – entries & video upload open
- 20th September – entries & video upload close
- 1st October – results announced, rosettes & prizes distributed.
- One member of the team is responsible for the music licence and must be a British Dressage Full/Club Member
- More information can be found here - https://www.britishdressage.co.uk/competitions/championships-and-qualifiers/dressage-to-music/
- The rides should be ridden specifically for this competition and filmed during the specified filming and video-upload period only.
- Videos from another competition or outside the scheduled filming period will not be accepted.
- You may repeat the ride as many times as you need and submit only the best video.
- Film from C, the judge’s position.
- If filming on a smartphone, hold the device in the landscape orientation.
The object of the competition is to provide an entertaining spectacle for both competitors and spectators and will be marked as follows:
Content of Ride 60
Variety and change of pace
Riding skills and team compatibility
Choice of Music 20
Interpretation and entertainment value
Suitability of music to the paces shown
Overall Artistic Impression 20
The whole presentation, idea and display
In the event of a tie, the ride with the higher artistic marks shall take the higher placing.