What is the Virtual Music Ride?
The Virtual Musical Ride is a version of the Musical Ride Competition that teams can take part in from home.
Teams of between 6 and 12 riders perform their own choreographed routine to music, wearing themed costumes or Branch/Centre sweatshirts. There rides are filmed and submitted for judging.
Some of the previous themes we have seen include: Bake Off, Superheroes, Pirates of the Caribbean, Bugsy Malone, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Beauty and the Beast, Lancaster Bombers, Matadors, Grease, Jungle Book, James Bond, Thriller and 101 Dalmatians to name just a few!
|Branch / Centre||Name of Theme Ride||Judge 1||Judge 2||Total Score||Overall Percentage||Artistic||Placing||Videos|
|South Devon Hunt (West)||South Devon West Country||82.5||81||163.5||81.75%||1st|
|South Devon Hunt (West)||Busy as Bees||80||72.5||152.5||76.25%||2nd||https://youtu.be/roJ9v6-kYNM|
|Little Margate Equestrian||Barbie||73||78||151||75.50%||30.0||3rd|
|Radnor & West Hereford Hunt||Alice in Wonderland||71||80||151||75.50%||30.0||3rd||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dnJb_imjs8|
|East Herfordshire Hunt||Coronation Chaos!||79.5||68||147.5||73.75%||5th|
|Hot to Trot School of Equitation||Top Gun||69||77.5||146.5||73.25%||29.0||7th||https://youtu.be/DOosw78eojo|
|Darlington Stables||Darlingtons Greatest Show||74.5||71.5||146||73%||8th|
|Petersfield Stables||Petasfield Stables Star Wars Musical Ride||77.5||64.5||142||71%||9th|
|Petersfield Stables||Petasfield Stables Bring you Trolls...||67||62.5||129.5||64.75%||10th|
- Open to all Pony Club Members.
- The team should contain between 6 and 12 riders.
- The team can be from a Branch or Centre or a combination of both (mixed teams are permitted)
- Lead rein riders are permitted – leaders must wear a correctly tagged hat.
Saddlery & Dress
- Hats must be tagged, and correct footwear must be worn.
- Any normal tack items and riding bits are permitted.
- Costumes / fancy dress are optional.
- Small, unobtrusive handheld props are permitted.
- 20m x 60m or 20m x 40m to suit venue and ride
- There should be no physical props inside the arena.
- All riders must enter the arena at A.
- Outside assistance eg voice, bell, whistle is not permitted.
- Duration – the duration of the display within the arena should be no longer than 5 minutes (an additional 1 ½ minutes is allowed for entry and exit, music is permitted for this)
- 1st July – 18th September – team practices and filming
- 1st September – entries & video upload open
- 21st September – entries & video upload close
- Week commencing 2nd October – results announced
- Entry fee - £80 per team.
- Entries should be made online between 1st and 21st September
- It is preferred that videos are submitted via a YouTube link.
Any queries should be sent to email@example.com
- The rides should be ridden specifically for this competition and filmed during the specified filming and video-upload period only.
- Videos from another competition or outside the scheduled filming period will not be accepted.
- You may repeat the ride as many times as you need and submit only the best video.
- Film from C, the judge’s position.
- If filming on a smartphone, hold the device in the landscape orientation.
The object of the competition is to provide an entertaining spectacle for both competitors and spectators and will be marked as follows:
Content of Ride 60
Variety and change of pace
Riding skills and team compatibility
Choice of Music 20
Interpretation and entertainment value
Suitability of music to the paces shown
Overall Artistic Impression 20
The whole presentation, idea and display
In the event of a tie, the ride with the higher artistic marks shall take the higher placing.