A rewarding volunteer opportunity has arisen to join The Pony Club’s Board of Trustees.
The Pony Club is an international voluntary youth organisation for young people interested in ponies and riding. The Pony Club was founded in 1929 and is celebrating its 90th anniversary this year. It has a membership of over 35,000 and a volunteer base of over 10,000.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Treasurer to provide leadership on financial matters and support The Pony Club’s development, governance and strategic direction. We are looking for an experienced finance professional with real enthusiasm for the role and objectives of The Pony Club.
For further information about the Pony Club please visit our website: www.pcuk.org
Expectations of Trustees
- Trustees are elected for an initial term of three years. They may offer themselves for re-election for a further three-year term.
- The Board of Trustees meets 6 times a year (meeting usually at The Pony Club Office, Stoneleigh).
- Trustees may also be invited to attend other Pony Club events eg the Pony Club Championships, the Pony Club Conference and Trustee away days.
- New Trustees will be given a half day induction at The Pony Club Office and will be expected to attend the NCVO Charity Trustees Induction Training if new to the role of Trustee.
- The role is voluntary but reasonable expenses will be paid.
- Maintain an overview of The Pony Club’s financial affairs.
- Work closely with the Chairman, Chief Executive and Head of Finance to ensure that The Pony Club complies with its governing documents, charity law, company law and other relevant legislation.
- Ensure that financial information is provided to Trustees to support decisions in the best interest of the financial viability and sustainability of The Pony Club and that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- Chair the Finance Committee.
- As appropriate lead and contribute to Pony Club project teams charged with implementing improvements to The Pony Club’s financial systems and processes, working closely with the Head of Finance.
- Contribute to The Pony Club’s strategy and development as a Trustee and member of the Board.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to: Heidi.Lockyer@pcuk.org
Deadline for applications: 31st October 2019
For an informal discussion about the Board of Trustees please email the Chairman: Chairman@pcuk.org