Rewarding volunteer opportunities have arisen to join The Pony Club’s Board of Trustees.
The Pony Club is an international voluntary youth organisation for young people interested in ponies and riding. The Pony Club was founded in 1929 and is celebrating its 90th anniversary this year. It has a membership of over 35,000 and a volunteer base of over 10,000.
We are currently seeking to appoint three new trustees. Experience in the areas listed below would be welcome but candidates with a real enthusiasm for the role and objectives of The Pony Club are welcome to apply. Our particular areas of interest are:
- PR & Marketing
- Information Technology
For further information about the Pony Club please visit our website: www.pcuk.org
Expectations of Trustees
- Trustees are elected for an initial term of three years. They may offer themselves for re-election for a further three-year term.
- The Board of Trustees meets 6 times a year (meeting usually at The Pony Club Office, Stoneleigh).
- Trustees may also be invited to attend other Pony Club events eg the Pony Club Championships, the Pony Club Conference and Trustee away days.
- New Trustees will be given a half day induction at The Pony Club Office and will be expected to attend the NCVO Charity Trustees Induction Training if new to the role of Trustee.
- The role is voluntary but reasonable expenses will be paid.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to The Pony Club at Board of Trustee level.
- Actively contribute to the development of the strategic direction, rules and policies of The Pony Club through the Board of Trustees, and actively monitor the implementation and progress of strategic initiatives and policies.
- Utilise your skill and experience to add value and recommendations to relevant projects.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management and governance of The Pony Club.
- Represent The Pony Club as appropriate and as required.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to: Heidi.Lockyer@pcuk.org
Deadline for applications: 31st October 2019
For an informal discussion about the Board of Trustees please email the Chairman: Chairman@pcuk.org