Job Vacancy - Head of Marketing
Title: Head of Marketing and Communications
Location: Hybrid role: The Pony Club office in Warwick with agreed home-working
Job Type: Full Time – 35 hours per week
Salary: Competitive salary plus generous pension and health insurance
Closing Date: Monday 17th October 2022
Are you passionate about encouraging participation in sport?
Can you see yourself in a charity role where you can make a real difference to young people?
Do you consider yourself an effective, confident communicator who thrives on collaborating with others and have proven experience of marketing?
If you are a well organised self-starter with effective leadership skills and the ability to enthuse and inspire key stakeholders, then you could be just the person we are looking for!
The Pony Club is the world’s largest equestrian youth organisation and the fourth biggest youth movement in the UK with over 32,000 members. Through our core values of fun, friendship and learning, we provide young people the opportunity to enjoy everything to do with horses and ponies – regardless of whether they have one of their own.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Head of Marketing to join our central office team in Warwickshire. You will be leading the Marketing & Communications team to create a shared and compelling vision to raise brand awareness and increase membership.
You will have a performance focus and the ability to harness the support of a complex community of internal and external stakeholders, ranging from senior management and volunteers to creative/PR agencies, partners, sponsors and suppliers.
This role offers many public facing opportunities and it is important that you are prepared to travel and contribute to events, launches and major competitions when required, including some weekends.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Great holiday entitlement - 25 days per year plus public holidays and additional Christmas closure
- Company pension plan and healthcare insurance
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to one of Britain’s most-loved youth organisations. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel you are interested in joining our busy, committed and happy team!
Applications close on Monday 17th October 2022
Reporting to the CEO this role is key to the growth of The Pony Club. We are looking for a creative, dynamic thinker to drive forward our external marketing and communications across the organisation and deliver against our five-year strategic plan. Candidates need an understanding of the equine industry with the ability to see opportunities for change. Strong leadership skills and self-motivation are key to this role.
- Lead the Marketing and Communications team to create a shared and compelling vision to raise brand awareness and increase membership.
- Create and implement agreed sponsorship, marketing and communications plans, focusing on enhanced member experience.
- Lead the development of The Pony Club central website design and associated websites.
- Optimize marketing and communications opportunities on digital platforms (including data and insight) to build brand loyalty and meet sponsorship commitments.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with The Pony Club’s brand guidelines.
- Oversee the delivery of an effective marketing and communications plan to promote major events e.g. Championships and the Spring Festival.
- Lead the Marketing and Communications team to develop and maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of sports and youth marketing in Great Britain. Use this knowledge to keep content relevant and relatable for our target audience.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to promote a culture of respect and inclusivity.
- Ensure effective execution of reactive communications based on changes in the market, partner activity, and support for other aligned youth organisations.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Liaison with press and magazine partners.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent vocational qualification in any discipline or equivalent experience
- Three-five years’ experience in marketing and communications at a senior level, including:
- Delivery of strategy, meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Brand development, resulting in tangible brand equity
- Digital strategy and deployment, with a track record of return on investment e.g. on advertising
- Working in a multi-disciplined team including external creative agencies
- Knowledge of the equine industry.
- People and team management.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, well-organised self-starter with a wide range of skills and qualities, including effective leadership, commerciality, creativity, tenacity, and emotional intelligence. They will have a performance focus and the ability to harness the support of a complex community of internal and external stakeholders, ranging from senior management to partners, sponsors, and suppliers.
Essentially, the successful candidate will also have:
- Worked in consumer/customer-focused marketing environments
- Emotional intelligence, someone who will enthuse and inspire all key stakeholders
- Authoritative, effective, high-impact individual. Articulate, tactful, and open in communicating with others
- Committed and loyal, prepared to work the necessary hours and at weekends when required e.g. responding to press inquiries, for events, launches, major competitions etc.