Exceptional Travel Fund - Available to Pony Club Members
Throughout 2021 Sarah Chadwick, an equine vet and Pony Club volunteer, assisted many Pony Club families to enable them to travel their horses from Northern Ireland to England, Scotland and Wales to compete in Pony Club competitions. There was a minefield of paperwork and new legislation that Sarah had to navigate to enable our Members to travel. During the process, Sarah was able to access the Government Brexit export funding from which she has kindly donated a considerable sum to The Pony Club to support the additional costs of travel for our Members.
The Pony Club is inviting Pony Club Members to apply for funding for 2022 (or until the funds are used up.)
Members in Area 17 – Travel to England, Scotland and Wales
- Members can apply for up to £50 per horse/pony to subsidise the additional costs occurred by travelling to England, Scotland and Wales to compete in any Pony Club Competition.
- Members need to email their Area Representative – Area17@pcuk.org to request the funding. There will be a short questionnaire to fill in to enable the funds to be processed.
- The Area Representative will liaise with the office to process the applications, and the office will pay the funds direct to the Member/guardian.
- Members can apply for more than one grant a year if they are travelling over multiple times to compete.
Members in Area 17 – additional travel support
- Members can apply for up to £50 to assist with any travel costs associated with travelling to a Pony Club Competition.
- Follow steps 2, 3 and 4 above.
Members in all other Areas – exceptional travel costs
- Members in any Area can apply for assistance to help with the cover of travel costs for exceptional* journeys to Pony Club Competitions.
- Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
*Exceptional travel costs are defined as journeys involving ferries, or one way mileage over 200 miles.
The Pony Club would like to extend sincere thanks to Sarah for her generosity in donating to these funds to The Pony Club to assist Members with rising travel costs.
To make an application, please fill in the form below: