The Pony Club insurance policy is provided by Howden Insurance Brokers Limited.
All Members of The Pony Club are covered by our insurance policy. It is strongly recommended that you review the information below regarding our policy.
Please read through the FAQs below to understand the full terms.
Please complete this form if you are a member or the parent/guardian of a member and you would like to report an incident that has occurred outside of a Pony Club activity and which may result in a claim against you.
What is the process when somebody wants to make a claim against me?
- Request the Claimant to put their allegations in writing to the parent/member detailing why they believe the member is legally responsible for the damage.
- Do not admit liability as this may prejudice the Pony Clubs Insurers position.
- Next, the member/parent is required to complete, in full, the online claim form (see above).
- Attach the Claimant’s letter to this claim form.
- Submit the form.
From here, the insurers will take the claim forward following their internal processes.
Important Changes to Members Third Party Liability Policy
Membership of The Pony Club automatically includes third party liability cover for all member’s equestrian activities. This is a valuable benefit that protects Pony Club members in the event that a member is held liable for damage to third party property or an injury to a third party. The Pony Club have recently renewed this policy from 1st July 2019 and it includes some changes that we would like to make you aware of as follows:
- The insurer for the members policy has changed to Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe. Liberty are experienced equestrian insurers with an excellent reputation and financial rating.
- The members policy now provides cover whilst the member is in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland only. If a member is going on holiday and will be riding whilst overseas, we recommend that you check that your standard holiday insurance provides liability cover for horse riding.
- The members policy no longer includes cover for any member domiciled at a Forces base overseas.
- The policy includes an exclusion for cyber attack.
- The policy includes a sanctions clause which states that insurers will not pay a claim to a sanctioned entity.
For more information please see The Pony Club Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) or the frequently asked questions. If you cannot find the answer to any insurance query, please contact Catherine Morgan at Howden UK Group on 0207 133 1387 or email Catherine.email@example.com